This year when the entire world is celebrating the centenary of World War I ceasefire, then 200 km from Paris. The Indian War Memorial was unveiled at Willers Guselen away. The purpose of the inauguration is to highlight the contribution of Indian soldiers in the freedom of France in this great war.
- This memorial was unveiled by Vice-President M. Venkaiah Naidu, who was present at the centenary celebrations of this year as a representative of India.
- This is the first National Memorial in memory of those Indian soldiers who died in France during the First World War.
- This Memorial has been built by the Government of India in collaboration with United Services Institution (USI) of India.
- This memorial is different from the Indian Memorial of Neuve Chapple, which was created by the Commonwealth War Graves Commission.
First World War and India
- Nearly half of the world’s population had been vulnerable to violence in World War I between 1914 and 1919.
- World War I ended with the ceasefire signed on November 11, 1918.
- More than 1.5 million soldiers from India participated in this war, out of which 1.3 million fought the war in foreign countries. In this, 72,000 Indian soldiers were killed.
- The India Gate of Delhi is a symbol of tribute to these unknown soldiers, which are named after the soldiers who died in World War I.
- Some sites related to India’s role in World War I:
- France: Newway-Chapel Monument
- Israel: Haifa Memorial
- India was not directly involved in World War I, yet only Indian soldiers participated in this war for the establishment of peace.
- The United Services Institution is preparing ‘Battlefield Guides’ of the pre-independence war of India so that ‘Battlefield Tourism’ can be promoted.
- ‘Battlefield Tourism’ concept is quite popular in Europe because the local economy of many places in Europe is operated by Battlefield Tourism.
- National and international tourists come to visit these places where war was fought.
Energy Efficiency and India (INSPIRE, 2018)
Why in the discussion ?
Recently, the Power Minister inaugurated INSPIRE, 2018 and also awarded the winners of the # Innovate TOINSPIRE Challenge.
What is INSPIRE, 2018
- INSPIRE : International Symposium to Promote Innovation & Research in Energy Efficiency
- This idea, which lasted for three days, will be focused on promoting grid management, e-mobility, financial institute for energy efficiency in India.
- This was the second edition of INSPIRE which was organized by Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) and World Bank.
- INSPIRE is an energy efficient event that brings policy makers, influential people, thinkers, researchers, leading energy efficient companies, government agencies, business leaders and other stakeholders together. They all hold their views on key energy policies, market change strategies and sustainable business models to take advantage of the full capabilities of energy efficiency.
- INSPIRE organized in 2018 with the assistance of the Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE), the Energy and Resources Institute (TERI), Asian Development Bank (ADB), the United Nations Environment Program (UNEP), The Admnestrictive Staff College of India (ASCI). went.
- #Innovate TOINSPIRE is the first of its kind Energy Innovation Challenge, organized by EESL (Energy Efficiency Services Limited) and WRI (World Resources Institute) between August 21 to October 12, 2018.
- Along with #Innovate TOINSPIRE, 4 major innovations were awarded in clean energy and energy efficiency as a part of it. ‘Innovation Challenge’ was considered a great idea to promote energy efficiency.
- During INSPIRE, 2018, EESL and GAIL (a wholly-owned subsidiary of GAIL India Limited) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the development of Natural Gas based Co-ordination and Trigonization Projects in Karmashial and Industrial areas in India.
- This MOU will benefit from various industries such as hotels, hospitals, airports, commercial malls, commercial / government buildings, integrated residential complexes, educational institutions and data centers.
- In order to support investment in new, innovative, scalable business models, EESL and Asian Development Bank (ADB) have signed an agreement for $ 13 million GFF to set up an EERF (Energy Efficiency Revolving Fund). Could
- The objective of EERF is to expand and maintain investment in the energy efficiency market in India, as well as to create market diversification and to increase current technologies.
What is EESL?
- EESL is working to bring energy efficiency under the administration of the Ministry of Power, Government of India, and is implementing the world’s largest energy efficient portfolios in the country.
- EESL’s mission is more efficient, more transparent, with greater conversion and greater innovation, its purpose is to build market access to a future converting solution so that each stakeholder gets a profit status.
- By 2020, EESL wants to become a company of US $ 1.5 billion.
- EESL has introduced a number of innovative business perspectives in order to successfully implement programs on a large scale in order to encourage the incentives in the Value Chain and increase the variable effect.
- EESL is also aiming to explore new foreign market opportunities for diversification of the portfolio.
- By this time, EESL has started operating in the United Kingdom, South Asia, and Southeast Asia.
Why do you need to organize?
- Energy Efficiency saves the environment and makes the business more competitive.
- India needs such growth which has been achieved in a responsible manner.
- Innovation in the field of energy efficiency is important in terms of meeting the goal of our country’s greenhouse gases.