Seoul peace award to
Prime Minister Narendra Modi to promote international cooperation and global economic development, improving the quality of life of the people of the country by accelerating economic development, through the efforts of anti-corruption measures and social unity, to strengthen democracy in the country 2018 Will be honored with the Seoul Peace Prize.
- The Seoul Peace Prize Committee has selected the Prime Minister’s name to confer this respect.
- The committee has also accepted its contribution towards regional and global peace through an active foreign policy with countries around the world through the ‘Modi theory’ and ‘East East Policy’.
- Narendra Modi, who received this award, is 14th person.
- The Seoul Peace Prize was started in the celebration of the successful organizing of the 24th Olympic Games in the Republic of Korea in 1990. In these games players from 160 countries from all over the world participated in creating a global ambience of harmony, friendship, peace and mutual reconciliation.
- This award marks the desire of the Korean people to maintain peace in the country and the world.
- This award is given once in every two years for people contributing in the cause of humanity’s welfare and global peace effort.
‘I am not’ portal and app
- On October 24, 2018, Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the ‘I am not’ portal and app in New Delhi. ‘I will not work’ portal will work on the theme of ‘Self-4 Society’.
- This portal will provide platforms for organizations and organizations associated with the IT sector to bring their efforts related to social concerns and social service together.
- Through this, it will be possible to accelerate the efforts of mutual cooperation for the benefit of technology to the weaker sections of the society.
- Through the portal, the wider participation of people willing to work for the betterment of society will also be encouraged
The type of wheat variety PBW-343,
Punjab Agricultural University (PAU) has launched a new type of wheat called PBW-343, in which two pair of leaves and yellow rust (rust, it is a fungal disease occurring in plants Researchers – Lr37 / Yr17 and Lr76 / Yr70 are included in the plants as a result of red or brown spots). This new variety of wheat has been named PBW-343 Unnat.
- This whole process of preparing PBW-343 has been done by a biotechnology-based plant breeding technique called marker-assisted selection. This wheat is the first such kind of variety of its kind.
- PBW-343, is based on the International Meak and Wheat Correction Center or ‘Very’ lines of wheat produced in CIMMYT in Mexico, from the mid-nineties it was popular among Indian farmers for the last decade. But in 2007, due to large scale damage to the crops, the trend of farmers declined.
- However, after the launch of HD-2967 and HD-3086 in 2011-12 and 2013-14 by the Indian Agricultural Research Institute, PBW-343 has become the subject of discussion again.
- By using the HD-2967 variety, the farmer can produce 21 quintals of wheat per acre, but the problem with it is that it is susceptible to yellow and brown spots / rashes. Similarly, HD-3086 also proves to be weak in brown rust, but it is still giving the best results to farmers in the case of yield. The possibilities of PBW-343 Unnat are successful in this order.
- ‘Advanced’ is a variety of initial wheat, which can be sown in the fourth week of October from the fourth week of October, like the HD-2967, with the maturity period of 155 days in the fourth week of November. According to the test, the average yield of advanced is estimated to be 23.2 quintals per acre.
16 Snooker World Championships were organized from September 30 to October 6, 2018, under the Under-16 Snooker World Championship in St. Petersburg, Russia.
- In the women’s category, Kirtana Pandian of India and Belgian Ben Martens won the title of Under-16 Snooker World Championship in men’s category.
- This is the first international title for India’s Kirtana Pandian. Kirtana won the title by defeating Albina Leschuk of Belarus 3-1 in the finals.
- Ben won the title by defeating Ireland’s Aaron Hill 4-3 in the final.